POSITION: Assistant Brewer
REPORTS TO: Brewery Manager
PAY RATE: Hourly
Blue Earl Brewing, located in the historic town of Smyrna, Delaware is seeking an Assistant Brewer. Passion, positivity, hard work, teamwork, fun, creativity and open-mindedness are all part of the Blue Earl culture. The perfect candidate will embody those values, and will also be self-motivated, adaptable, a team-player and a lifelong learner with a track record of both personal and professional growth.
The position’s primary responsibilities are wort production, cellar work and packaging. The Assistant Brewer position is full-time and will report directly to the brewery manager.
Blue Earl is a three vessel 15 bbl brewhouse with fermenters from 15 to 30bbl. Annual production of 1,500 barrels in 2018 with continued growth. The Head Brewer will be brewing, cellaring, kegging, bottling/canning, barrel-aging, and other related activities associated with brewery operations.
- 1-2 years professional brewing experience
- Packaging experience with cans, bottles and kegs
- Formal training / education preferred
- Excellent detail-oriented communication skills
- Day to day operations accomplishing daily and weekly goals
- Wort production
- Sanitation / CIP
- Cellar and packaging management
- Ensure clean and sanitary working environment
- Ensure safety, quality and efficiency
Education, Experience and Certification/License Requirements
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional brewing experience
- Proven ability to contribute to a successful team
- Must be able to lift 65 pounds and move 175 pounds regularly.
- Must have ability to work in both hot, cold and wet environments
- Must have ability to work in tight areas while twisting, bending, pulling and pushing
- Must have ability to stand on concrete floors for long duration (8-12 hours)
- Frequently climb ladders and stairs safely on a daily basis
Qualified applicants should possess superior knowledge and passion of the craft beer business, experience in a similar role at a brewery, ability to excel in a collaborative work environment, exceptional work ethic and ability to understand the big picture while keeping a close eye on the details, strong written and verbal communication skills, capability to multi-task, and a great appreciation for organization. Applicants should also possess reliable car transportation, a clean driving record, night and weekend flexibility, and an outstanding relationship-building personality.
Blue Earl Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual
orientation, and public assistance.
Job Type: Full-time
Related: blue earl, Blue Earl Brewery, blue earl careers, blue earl jobs, Openings at Blue Earl